axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Security Architecture
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:00:33 GMT
That is definately an option.
-Dug

"Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAMURY@jp.ibm.com> on 04/12/2001 04:32:46 AM

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: Security Architecture

Or how about providing admin servlet?
Only through the admin servlet, deployment can be performed.
Regards,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-462-73-4668

From: "Doug Davis" <dug@us.ibm.com> on 2001/04/11 21:43

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:

>>> I would suggest to define service groups, and each group is mapped to a
>>> particular servlet.  A single servlet for handling all services is not
>>> good idea. For deployment, I would never use AdminClient, rather would
>>> prepare configuration files that are loaded when AxisEngine or
Registory
>>> is instantiated.

You don't have to use the AdminClient.  Right now the server configuration
is stored in a file (granted its not XML and probably should be) but that
file is read-in during AxisEngine start-up - which is what you're asking
for.  If you don't want to use the AdminClient then don't deploy the
associated service.

-Dug