axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Compromise on streaming
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 04:40:43 GMT
Hi Simon!

Yep - so maybe change that to "the first Body element with no ID attribute".
Will that take care of it?  Is it possible to have a "main" body element
which itself has an ID?  Not using section-5 encoding, I don't think....

--Glen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Fell" <soap@zaks.demon.co.uk>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: Compromise on streaming

On Mon, 28 May 2001 23:45:58 -0400, in soap you wrote:

[snip]
>4) If the service has NOT been determined by the time the SOAPSAXHandler
>arrives at the first <Body> element, it will attempt to set the service in
>the MessageContext based on the QName of that element.  This will result in
>calling the logic in (3) and therefore registering any service-specific
type
>mappings.

I've been working on my own streaming de-serializer model, so have
been keeping on eye on what you're upto :) apologies in advance if i'm
way off here, but doesn't this mean that this approach will fail to
deserialize this correctly ?

<s:Envelope ....>
<s:Body>
<item id="ref-3">
<areacode>415</areacode>
<exchange>343</exchange>
<number>3077</number>
</item>
<item id="ref-2">
<state>CA</state>
<streetName>Spear Street</streetName>
<phoneNumber href="#ref-3"/>
<zip>94107</zip>
<city>San Francisco</city>
<streetNum>1</streetNum>
</item>
<item id="ref-4">
<state>NY</state>
<streetName>5th Ave</streetName>
<phoneNumber href="#ref-3" />
<zip>123437</zip>
<city>New York</city>
<streetNum'>12</streetNum>
</item>
<n1:addEntry id="ref-1" e:root="1">
<addresses xsi:type='e:Array' e:arrayType="n1:address[3]">
<address href="#ref-2"   />
<address href="#ref-4"   />
<address href="#ref-2"   />
</addresses>
<AddressToRegister>Simon Fell</AddressToRegister>
</n1:addEntry>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Cheers