axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Compromise on streaming
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 04:07:19 GMT
Oh, two other things:

1) Note that if you use Handlers to do SAX based deserialization, we want to
make sure that at least those specific Handlers are NOT shared, but rather
created and destroyed for each request, as they'll likely have state.

2) If Handlers are going to be deserializing headers into more compact
forms, we may also want to keep around a "master recording" of the entire
SAX stream (which gets us back to James' model of the big array), which will
allow us to recreate the original message in a byte-for-byte manner.  This
may be expensive (i.e. it forces us to keep the whole message in memory), so
we may selectively allow services to opt out of or in to this functionality,
otherwise throwing away SAX events after any registered element handlers
have a go at them.

--Glen