axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Coyne, Jason R." <JRCo...@Aegonusa.com>
Subject Possible Version Discrepancy Question (org.apache.soap.util.xml.X MIDeserializer) (com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory)
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 19:56:22 GMT
Hey, This is my first message to the group, and I haven't been following
along for very long, so I hope this isn't really obvious info for everyone.

My company is trying to implement SOAP for some of our distributed
proccessing needs.  However we do not wish to use HTTP as our transport
method, instead we want to use ROMA (A Message Oriented Middleware that
rides on top of MQ or MTS)

I grabbed all the source for AXIS, and then all of the extra packages as
well and am trying to get the classes to compile.

However I get an error when compiling
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMIDeserializer stating that
com.ibm.xmi.framework.WriterFactory is not accessable outside of its
package.

I just grabbed the XMI toolkit today from IBM, so I am quite sure I am using
the latest release, and I just grabbed the soap/xml/axis code friday, so it
must be fairly recent.

Should I be attempting to work with a more stable release? Or do I need to
grab a newer (beta?) version of the XMI toolkit?

Any help would be great, or a point to a FAQ if there is one that handles
issues such as this would be great.

Thanks
Jason Coyne