axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/encoding SerializationContext.java
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2001 14:36:33 GMT
> Sam, should all these "\n"s be System.getProperty("line.separator")s?

That, too, would be legal, but I don't see the point.

Line separators in files on the file system do vary by OS, but we are
talking about a internet wire format here.  I guess my preference would by
that Axis requests and responses are platform neutral, but I would be open
to discussion here.

If you would like to see examples of the output, take a look at:

   http://www.apache.org/~rubys/ApacheClientInterop.html#2-wire

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  If you search for "href" in the output, you will see that "ns1"
defined on the previous line is never used.