axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Alpha 2
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:14:05 GMT
Thanks for the info, Berin.  Change is in.  I also made a couple of other
minor fixes to get the func tests working on my new Win2K box (for some
reason the error wasn't happening on my other machines).

After another doc tweak, I think we're good to go.

--G

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 9:12 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Alpha 2

Glen Daniels wrote:

> http://xml.apache.org/axis/dist/alpha2
>
> Announcement planned for tomorrow, please download it and make sure it
seems
> to work for you.
>
> Re: Bob's suggested patch for Tomcat 3.2 compatibility with the /services
> mapping - is that the correct way to do it wrt the servlet spec?

The mapping spec works like this:

/       ==  *Every* UIL gets mapped to the servlet
/name   ==  Only the name gets mapped.  Modifiers like URL params do get
mapped as well
/name/  ==  Same as before.  It is important to note that they are
_different_ uris
/name/* ==  Make this URI and all child URIs to the servlet.

You might want to make the change.