axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Issue: Client default for doMultiRefs is true
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:07:53 GMT

The only reason to have the default to be not doing multirefs seems to be
the slight performance gain you'll get in cases where multirefs aren't
necessary, because you'll just be directly serializing the objects as they
are encountered.  However, unless you walk the entire object graph before
serialization, you can't be sure of avoiding circular references this way,
which makes up for this somewhat.  I agree that the default is correct, at
least for now.

--Glen