axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Roder <mro...@wamnet.com>
Subject RE: Issue: Client default for doMultiRefs is true
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:21:01 GMT

My mistake.  I thought that wasn't part of SOAP1.1.

Later

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 4:02 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue: Client default for doMultiRefs is true

Mark Roder wrote:

> In Alpha R2, the client default for doMultiRefs seems to be true.  This
code
> below had to add a     "client.addOption(AxisEngine.PROP_DOMULTIREFS, new
> Boolean(false))" to shut off multirefs.  This should be something you
have
> to turn on.

And your reason being?

With MULTIREFS = true, it is possible to correctly handle complex bean
structures.  Unfortunately, it is recognized that some SOAP servers out
there don't handle these valid SOAP requests, so an option is provided to
accomodate these servers.

To me, the default seems correct.

- Sam Ruby