axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: AW: Vectors
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:11:05 GMT
Hi Glen,

So to be more compatable with SOAP 2.2, we should have a VectorDeserializer
which gets automatically registered.  We do not want a symmetrical
VectorSerializer which writes the xmlsoap:Vector encoding, since what Axis
does (serialize all Lists to SOAP arrays) is better.
<<

thanks for your answer. It seems that we went the right way in building our
own VectorSerializer - but I understand what you mean about not having both
parts.

Matthew: can you contribute your code to Axis?  If so, just mail it to the
list and we'll check it in (after checking it out :)).  Thanks for doing
this!
<<

I need to pass this on to Carsten - as he wrote the code - I just breath
down his neck and point out what we need :-)). We will look into that next
week.

Best

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

Apache 2.2 does not have the adaptable Array/List mapping code which Axis
does, therefore it needed a separate XML encoding for Vectors to distinguish
them from regular arrays for deserialization.  Hence, there's a
"xmlsoap:Vector" schema type defined by the 2.1/2.2 codebase.

So to be more compatable with SOAP 2.2, we should have a VectorDeserializer
which gets automatically registered.  We do not want a symmetrical
VectorSerializer which writes the xmlsoap:Vector encoding, since what Axis
does (serialize all Lists to SOAP arrays) is better.

Matthew: can you contribute your code to Axis?  If so, just mail it to the
list and we'll check it in (after checking it out :)).  Thanks for doing
this!

--Glen