axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/test/functional TestEchoSample.java TestStockSample.java TestTransportSample.java
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 14:58:11 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:

> OK, that code indeed notices the timeout for doTestIBM.  The transportsample
> test was still hanging though, I assume because the thread waiting on the
> URL data was still wedged.  While in there I noticed that the req file
> wasn't getting deleted in this case because invoke() never came back in
> FileReader, so I switched to getting the Message as bytes to read in the
> whole file and then deleting it before calling invoke().  Also fixed the
> FileSender to increment its index even if a timeout occurs.
>
> The latter fix enabled the second FileReader to find the xml2.req file and
> complete the XXX test successfully.
>
> The synchronization in this sample still seems inadequate and potentially
> trouble-causing.  It does work now, so I'll put the test back.  And yes, it
> was in fact much easier to remove it.

I've taken a look at what it would take to make the requests and responses
"pretty" again.  Unfortunately, testArgAsDOM fails.

It seems that "isDirty" is not being completely maintained.  If something
is marked dirty, everything above it should be marked dirty.  And after a
clean parse, the entire envelope should be marked clean.

It occurs to me that it would be much easier to simply remove the test...

- - -

If there isn't interest in maintaining the File transport sample, then I'm
willing to go along with a consensus resolution to remove it.  As long as
it remains, I'm opposed to removing tests simply because they expose
problems in that sample.

- Sam Ruby