axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Haddad" <cobiac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Enhancement Request: Service down error message
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:01:28 GMT
Axis-Dev - I undeployed the MyService sample and executed the client.
The error message returned could be more transparent and indicate that
the service was in fact offline.  The stack trace is presented below:

[axis]# java samples.userguide.example3.Client "fool me again"

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the
root element must be well-formed.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the
root element must be well-formed.

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196
)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:570)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:753)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)

        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(Deserialization
Context.java:204)

        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:378)

        at samples.userguide.example3.Client.main(Client.java:88)

Chris Haddad
Cobia Communications
mailto:chris@cobia.net