axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <JDNovo...@lbl.gov>
Subject adding security code to axis
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:20:10 GMT

Hi,

    I'm trying to add something called GSI (Grid Security
Infrastructure) to Axis (See http://www.globus.org/security for more
info). Basically GSI is SSL with mutual authentication and a couple more
extras. For my purposes, I just want to be able to set various security
parameters and then bind them to the transport class. It looks to me
like all the SSL code is in HTTPSender.java.

    I've done this with Apache SOAP and the code to use GSI would look
like this:

    // Build the call.
    Call call = new Call ();

    // Set other Call parameters
    call.set....

    // Create a SOAPHTTPConnection and associate with Call
    SOAPHTTPConnection hc = new SOAPHTTPConnection ();

    // Create a SecureSocketAttributes for performing GSI
    SecureSocketAttributes ssa = new SecureSocketAttributes("GSI");
    ssa.setDelegation(true);
    ssa.setDelegationMode("LIMITED");
    ssa.setDebug(true);

    // Bind GSI SecureSocketAttributes with SOAPHTTPConnection
    hc.setSecureSocketAttributes(ssa);
    call.setSOAPTransport(hc);

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this with Axis and follow
the JAXP-RPC sun specification. If any developers have an idea for the
cleanest and "kosher" way to do this, I would be grateful for any inf
provided.

    Thanks, Jason

--
Jason Novotny                jdnovotny@lbl.gov
Grid Technology Group        (510) 486-8662