axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Undeploying services and handlers
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 15:23:56 GMT

It is really bad.  Undeployment simply does not work with the <deployment>
element, since there's no way for the AdminService to know what it's
supposed to do otherwise.  So even if the tests weren't explicitly failing,
the undeployment wasn't working (check the server-config.wsdd and you'll see
what I mean).  With the changes I checked in yesterday, you can no longer
include a <handler> element without a type attribute in a <deployment>, and
I was thinking of making a similar change to disallow <service>s without
providers.  These checks will cause deployments like:

<deployment...>
  <handler name="foo"/>
  <service name="bar"/>
</deployment>

to overtly fail - since these were the styles of the elements in the
undeploy files, they'd (appropriately) break.

The emitter should definitely be changed.

--Glen