axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: functional-tests connection failure
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:36:22 GMT
It would be nice if all tests that depend on a non local resource would
preceed the test with
an <available ..> ant task and wrap the task in a <condition ..>.   If the
resource is not available, echo a message and
continue processing.

Comments?

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                    Glyn

                    Normington/UK/       To:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                    IBM@IBMGB            cc:

                                         Subject:     functional-tests connection failure

                    12/10/2001

                    11:07 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

When I try to run ant functional-tests, it hangs fairly early on in main:.
With -verbose, it seems it is just about to reference a URL at xmethods.net
and then times out with a connection failure. I can't ping xmethods.net, so
is this something that others are seeing or could it be a(nother) problem
with my setup. (I'm running with Tomcat 3.3 during this test if that makes
any difference).

Glyn