axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ?WSDL now uses the new Java2WSDL emitter code
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:59:56 GMT
-1, I don't want to have to do the split myself.  If I deploy the service
into Axis and the the WSDL is autogenerated for me on the fly, what sense
does it make for me to have to download the WSDL, open my text editor,
split the files appart, save them back to the Web server as too separate
files , then publish them to UDDI?  When I could get away with deploying
the service into Axis and immediately moving to the publish to UDDI step.
The Java2WSDL code already supports the spliting feature.  I see little
reason why NOT to extend this to the servlet.

>Anything else would be major overkill from my point of view and
>would amount to make the ?WSDL feature a WSDL browser/navigator.

No, it would simply give us more options in the creation and use of
generated-on-the-fly WSDL.

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9