axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Undeploying services and handlers
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 15:16:45 GMT
Glen,  is it really bad to have <deployment...> in undeploy.wsdd?
Originally the runtime didn't recognize <undeployment...>.  I was going to
change Wsdl2java once you updated the runtime, but I forgot about it and
our tests still work.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Dave Cramer" <dave@fastcrypt.com> on 12/05/2001 08:39:18 PM

To:   <axis-user@xml.apache.org>, <haddadc@cobia.net>
cc:
Subject:  RE: Undeploying services and handlers

This  same bug cost me a day. It appears that the wsdl code generator is
generating  this.

Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels  [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001  12:35 PM
To: 'haddadc@cobia.net'
Cc:  'axis-user@xml.apache.org'; 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'

(answer crossposted to axis-user and axis-dev - please restrict replies  to
axis-dev)

Hi  Chris!

The  problem here is in the undeploy.wsdd file - the top-level element
should be  <undeployment>, not <deployment>.  So the problem you're  seeing
is a result of *deploying* "blank" handlers and services.  This  needs to
get fixed so that we throw an appropriate fault.  But if you  change your
element to <undeployment>, you should be able to undeploy  this just fine.

The  same problem holds with your earlier example of undeploying just the
handler  (i.e. you were actually deploying a blank copy of the handler, not
undeploying  it), except that if you undeploy the handler and not the
service, the service  will break.  Long run, we should be reference
counting this stuff so that  you can't undeploy handlers that are being
used by other chains/services, but  for now the solution should be
returning better error  messages.

Thanks for using the package, and keep up the great  feedback!

--Glen