axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ?WSDL now uses the new Java2WSDL emitter code
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:09:03 GMT
One other point on this.  I brought up before the idea that a service
being deployed into Axis should have the ability to specify which WSDL
document will be used as opposed to autogenerated.  That way, if a service
is actually an implementation of an already defined WSDL, we don't have to
go through the trouble of recreating it.

What I recommend is an addition to the WSDD service element:

   <service ...>
        <description location="url_of_wsdl"
namespace="namespace_to_import" binding="binding_to_implement" />
   </service>

When a service is deployed with this element, the ?WSDL feature would
return something like the following:

<definitions ...>
    <import location="url_of_wsdl" namespace="namespace_to_import" />
    <service ...>
        <port name="..." binding="abc:binding_to_implement">...</port>
    </service>
</definitions>

The only part of the WSDL that would be generated is the service and port
elements.

If we can get this worked into the code in the not too distant future, I'd
be very happy :-)

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9