axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: --package switch for Wsdl2java
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:09:39 GMT
I don't mind having such a switch, but it should be either:
     - not described in the tool help message
     - or described as being unsupported or development-only.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                    Glen Daniels

                    <gdaniels@macro       To:     "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    media.com>            cc:

                                          Subject:     RE: --package switch for Wsdl2java

                    12/04/2001

                    09:43 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

I think (not having had the benefit of using the tool on a large variety of
WSDL files) that Tom has some good points here.

The only real problem with this is when there are name collisions from
different namespaces, right?  Does the tool fault in those cases?  If it
does, and the fault were made descriptive enough ("There was a duplicate
type name (Address) in the WSDL - try using namespace->package mappings
instead of the --package switch"), it seems like that might be sufficient
quell any serious problems.

--G