axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Kopecky <ja...@systinet.com>
Subject Re: Remote references - future architectural idea
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:23:26 GMT
 Aleks,
 I agree with your conclusion about showing the few different
approaches on a concrete example and going on from there. 8-)
 Lemme start:
 Let's take the Apache SOAP Interop WSDL at [1].
 Our remote reference would look like the following. I've
excluded the namespace declarations as I think they are not
really needed in this exercise and they should be obvious. The
only non-obvious (IMHO) namespace prefix is declared.

 <x xsi:type="idoox:serviceReference"
     xmlns:apache="http://soapinterop.org/interop.wsdl">
   <service xsi:type="xsd:qname">
     apache:SOAPInterop
   </service>
   <wsdl xsi:type="xsd:anyURI">
     http://www.xmethods.net/sd/interop/ApacheInterop11.wsdl
   </wsdl>
   <portTypeMappings xsi:type="idoox:ArrayOfInterfaceMappings"
     soap-enc:arrayType="idoox:interfaceMapping[1]">
     <item>
       <portType xsi:type="xsd:qname">
         apache:InteropTestPortType
       </portType>
       <className>
         demo.interop.InteropServiceInterface
       </className>
     </item>
   </portTypeMappings>
 </x>

 The portTypeMappings element need not be there, as I said, it's
just for zero-config best-case scenario.
 An interesting activity again... 8-)

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/

[1] http://www.xmethods.net/sd/interop/ApacheInterop11.wsdl