From: Glen Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent:
Wednesday, December 05, 2001 12:35 PM
To: 'haddadc@cobia.net'
Cc: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'; 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Undeploying services and handlers

(answer crossposted to axis-user and axis-dev - please restrict replies to axis-dev)

Hi Chris!

The problem here is in the undeploy.wsdd file - the top-level element should be <undeployment>, not <deployment>.  So the problem you're seeing is a result of *deploying* "blank" handlers and services.  This needs to get fixed so that we throw an appropriate fault.  But if you change your element to <undeployment>, you should be able to undeploy this just fine.

The same problem holds with your earlier example of undeploying just the handler (i.e. you were actually deploying a blank copy of the handler, not undeploying it), except that if you undeploy the handler and not the service, the service will break.  Long run, we should be reference counting this stuff so that you can't undeploy handlers that are being used by other chains/services, but for now the solution should be returning better error messages.

Thanks for using the package, and keep up the great feedback!

--Glen