axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Bowersox" <mbowe...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject axis classloader correct design?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 06:56:21 GMT
After having  some trouble porting axis to atg dynamo j2ee engine I noticed a problem with
the AxisClassLoader basing its call to the super constructor by passing in a ClassLoader derived
from the thread context. I am not sure it is a valid assumption that the classloader  derived
from the current thread context be the one through which to load axis engine and java rpc
service classes. This does not work in the atg engine and possibly others. Would a class loader
derived from an instantiated axis class be safer? the servlet spec merely states that all
classes in the web container be made available vie a module specific classloader, but not
necessarily the current thread contexts class loader.

-matt bowersox
mvb@dotech.com