axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/test/wsdl/types ComprehensiveTypes.wsdl
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:02:33 GMT
Doug wrote:

>Glen commited/wrote:
>> We also need to decide if we like this approach.  As it stands, we can't
>> use WSDD to deploy into a non-WSDD EngineConfiguration.  The other...
>I would suggest that you *not* merge in these changes until
>this is resolved.  One of the main reasons for doing this was
>to remove WSDD from the "core" and it seems like we're not
>there yet.

The current branch enables someone to replace the whole configuration
subsystem with a subsystem that knows nothing about WSDD. The configuration
subsystem now sits 'behind' the WSDD-neutral EngineConfiguration interface.
Therefore the objective of the branch -- to separate WSDD into the
configuration subsystem -- *has* been achieved.

Glen's observation above was about the capabilities of the configuration
subsystem, rather than of Axis as a whole.What Glen is referring to is
really "icing on the cake" which can be added in due course, but which was
not the objective of the branch.

Glyn