axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Melgar" <dmel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Double byte characters in SOAP msg question
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:00:20 GMT
This is sort of an XML/SOAP question, but folks here probably know the
answer...

If I want to send a SOAP message that contains a text node containing that
consists of double byte characters such as japanese characters.

Do I have to do anything special in Axis to create and send this message?
Do I have to do anything to make sure UTF-8 encoding is handled or does the
parser take care of it? It sounds like the default encoding in XML parsers
is UTF-16. Who does the conversion?

Has anyone tried this to make sure it works?

David Melgar
Web Services Toolkit Development
Emerging Technologies
dmelgar@us.ibm.com