axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Subsystem responsibilities: SOAP
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:57:11 GMT

I brought the subsystems topic up at yesterday's IRC chat. The consensus is
as follows.

It *is* desireable to split Axis cleanly into subsystems, although this
work will need to extend beyond the beta. We should probably start with
WSDD and leave other responsibilities such as SOAP until later.

Since the subsystem split will not be complete by the beta, it is essential
to document the public external interfaces of Axis to try to avoid
disruption to users. Glen Daniels offered to write up some further usage
documentation as a way of nailing down the external interfaces.

Although the draft architecture guide [1] is still incomplete, it should go
on cvs soon so that it can be linked into the other documentation. I'd like
to resolve the issues listed at the end, so I'll post some of them on
axis-dev.

Glyn
[1] http://xml.apache.org/axis/docs/architecture-guide.html