axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: binding attribute: wsdl generation /and or WSDL spec potential problem
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:54:25 GMT
Scott,

Your snippet of wsdl actual is defining the port element of the service not
the portType.

If you look earlier in the 4.1 wsdl schema document you will see an element
name portType with type="wsdl:portTypeType".
This portType has operation elements and the name attribute....but it does
not have a binding attribute.

So the current code is behaving correctly.  The portType should not have a
binding attribute because it is an interface that could be used for
multiple bindings.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Scott

                      Hinkelman/Austin/        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBM@IBMUS                cc:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                                               Subject:  Re: binding attribute: wsdl generation
/and or WSDL spec potential
                      01/07/2002 08:05          problem

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

Simon,
Conceptually you are correct.
The formal definition in A 4.1 of [1] indicates otherwise:

                <element name="port" type="wsdl:portType"/>
                <complexType name="portType">
                   <complexContent>
                <extension base="wsdl:documented">
                <sequence>
                <any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0"/>
               </sequence>
                   <attribute name="name" type="NCName" use="required"/>
                   <attribute name="binding" type="QName" use="required"/>
                </extension>
               </complexContent>
               </complexType>

This is what I am refering to. It appears the formal definition may be in
question,
or at the least inconsistent with the informal (prose) definition.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl

Thanks,
Scott
______________
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-415-8490)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

                      Simon Fell

                      <soap@zaks.demon.        To:
axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      co.uk>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: binding
attribute: wsdl generation /and or WSDL spec potential problem
                      01/06/2002 06:37

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

There is no binding attribute on the portType element. Nor does it
make any sense for there to be one, the portType is an abstract
interface definition, there can be 0..n implementations [bindings] of
that particular portType.

Cheers
Simon
www.pocketsoap.com