axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkm...@AGEDWARDS.com>
Subject RE: repost of WSDL2Java question
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:33:03 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Volkmann, Mark
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 2:05 PM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: repost of WSDL2Java question

> Glen,
>
> Thanks so much for your reply!  That cleared up a number of questions I
had.

> When you say "The Skeleton class is no longer generated by default" do you
mean in
> nightly releases after beta 1?

I tried this and the behaviour seems to have changed after beta 1.  That's
fine, but the generated deploy.wsdd file still refers to the skeleton class.
Is this what was intended?  I believe my suggestion below would fix this
problem.

> I think it would be useful to add an option to WSDL2Java that would
identify an already
> existing implementation class. That could cause it to
> 1) refer to that class in the generated deploy.wsdd file instead of the
skeleton class
> 2) skip generating the <port>SoapBindingSkeleton class
> 3) skip generating the <port>SoapBindingImpl class
>
> That would make it far easier to fully automate deploying an existing Java
class as a
> web service, in my case using Ant.
>
>Does this sound like a reasonable option to add?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.