axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "frederic Brousse" <frederic.brou...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject how using axis throug a proxy
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 15:31:40 GMT
i've just installed axis beta2 and executed the first sample : samples.userguide.example1.TestClient
that invokes the web service "echoString" at the public axis server and print "Sent 'Hello',
got 'Hello'"

that sample does work fine on a computer that have a direct connection to internet.

But in my company, my computer is on a WAN that is relayed to internet through a proxy that
need an authentification. So, the TestClient sample doesn't work on my computer

my question is : is it possible with axis to invoque a web service through a proxy and what
is the method ?
how to indicate the proxy and how to indicate the user/paswsword for the proxy

thank you for answering to the mailing list