axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Contribution to Apache - WSIF
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 14:40:31 GMT
Paul,

Am posting the list of questions/queries/observations for benefit of the whole group...

1. Looks like an "old" version of Axis was used (Axis no longer has ServiceClient.java). Is
it
possible to upgrade to latest Axis?
2. Seems like an "old" or "patched" version of WSDL4J was used (Some functions don't exist
in
StringUtils.java anymore). Is it possible to use the "publicly" available latest WSDL4J?
3. Apache SOAP support needs com.ibm.jrom package (Part of IBM Web Services Gateway?). Is
it
possible to get rid of this dependency?
4. Can you also please ensure that classes from Apache SOAP are not used "indiscriminately"
in the
code. Wanting people to have both Apache Axis and Apache SOAP jars defeats the whole purpose...
(I
searched for org.apache.soap in *.java)
5. Can the build file be updated to build even if Apache SOAP, EJB, SOAPRMI, JMS, JROM, IBM
Logging Package are absent? Since these are supposed to be "Optional"
6. Are there any samples that you can point me to...Once i get the whole thing compiled?

Looking forward to trying the latest WSIF as soon as we get these items sorted out one way
or
another.

Thanks,
dims