axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Beta2 installation instructions
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 20:03:02 GMT

Scott,

I added the jaxrpc.jar file to the install.html instructions.

The Step 6 instructions we actually correct, as they said to add "." to the classpath, then
change the current directory to the axis installation directory. I changed the wording on
this to explicitly say to add the axis distribution directory to the classpath.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Nichol [mailto:snicholnews@scottnichol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 10:10 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Beta2 installation instructions

I just installed beta2 and ran some of the samples.  The two small issues I
found were with the installation instructions.  In Step 5, jaxrpc.jar is not
listed among the things that should be in the classpath.  In Step 6, the axis
installation directory is not listed among the things that should be in the
classpath (to get to the samples; instead '.' is recommended).  The User Guide
section "Installing Axis and Using this Guide" correctly specifies these, it's
just the installation instructions that do not.

Scott Nichol