axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Brenda Bell <bb...@juicesoftware.com>
Subject RE: Axis Chokes on Complex Types from MS Soap 3.0
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:17:28 GMT
David wrote:

> [...]

I believe they should have a namespace attached... either by including an
explicit prefix for the http://tempuri.org/TestWebService/message/ namespace
or by defining a default namespace on the Mission element.  Unless I have
grossly misinterpreted the Namespace spec, MissionName and MissionNumber as
shown in this document are not in any namespace and cannot be referenced as
such by any parser.

As for whether MissionName and MissionNumber should have type attributes:
an explicitely specified type may be preferred in certain situations such as
an element whose defined type is anyType, but types are not (and should not
be) an absolute requirement.