axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Passing ServletEndpointContext to ServiceLifecycle.init
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:25:20 GMT
Matthias,

The ServletEndpointContext interface was not implemented.  And it seems the JAX-RPC test suite
does not test for it. :-(

In any case, I have implemented this per the spec and expect to check it in shortly.
If you could try tomorrows (8/3 or later) build (or CVS tree) and make sure things work as
you expected, that would be great.

Thanks for pointing this out!

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Brunner [mailto:mb@blumenstrasse.vol.at]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 3:11 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Passing ServletEndpointContext to ServiceLifecycle.init

Hello,

in http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=102795717513225&w=2 I reported
that no context object is passed to ServiceLifecycle.init . Now I have
"tracked down" the cause.

In JavaProvider.java, function getNewServiceObject, following line should be
changed:
((ServiceLifecycle)serviceObject).init(null);

According to
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/api/javax/xml/rpc/server/ServiceLifecycle.html#init(java.lang.Object)

a javax.xml.rpc.server.ServletEndpointContext object should be passed.

Axis version: Current CVS

Best regards!
--
Matthias Brunner <mb@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
PGP FP 7862 32B3 3B75 292A F76F  5042 8587 21AB 5B89 D501