axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Volanis, Alexander" <AVola...@rsasecurity.com>
Subject Beta3: Problem with change in MsgProvider and FullMessageService
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:48:58 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a service implemented as a "FullMessageService". It worked with Axis
Beta until about nightly build 7-26-2002. A change in the way MsgProvider
calls a service defined with the "FullMessageService" attribute is
preventing me from getting anything out of my service. Nightly 7-26 had this
piece of code to process the request at the bottom of the MsgProvider.java:

        // !!! WANT TO MAKE THIS SAX-CAPABLE AS WELL.  Some people will
        //     want DOM, but our examples should mostly lean towards the
        //     SAX side of things....

        Document retDoc = (Document) method.invoke( obj, argObjects );

        if ( retDoc != null ) {
            SOAPBodyElement el = new
SOAPBodyElement(retDoc.getDocumentElement());
            resEnv.addBodyElement(el);

The latest nightly has instead this code:

            argObjects[0] = msgContext ;
            method.invoke(obj, argObjects);

which completely ignores the return value of the invocation. How can I get
this functionality back? I liked the fact that I could get the msgContext
into my service and deal with the SOAPEnvelope myself. Do I have to work
with the MessageContext to build the response message instead of returning
anything from my method?

The signature of the function invoked is :
org.w3c.dom.Document requestMethod(org.apache.axis.MessageContext msg);

Thank you in advance for your time,

Alex Volanis
Consulting Engineer
e-mail: avolanis@rsasecurity.com
RSA SECURITY Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
174 Middlessex Tpke, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
http://www.rsasecurity.com