axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject Problem requiring JIMI
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:15:42 GMT
(Sam, I'm particularly interested in your take on this situation.)

A little history.  Attachment support for java.awt.Image must have a way to
transfer Image to/from an OutputStream/InputStream.  Glen, dims, and I
determined that JIMI would solve this problem.  So we've made JIMI an
optional prereq.  It's not necessary to build/run AXIS.  But it IS
necessary to run Image attachments.

A problem with JIMI has arisen.  JIMI is required to pass the TCK.  We
(IBM) must be able to say we pass the TCK.  But JIMI is a Sun product.  Our
legal will have a fit with this.

AXIS cannot continue as we are today.  But I haven't been able to find an
open solution to solve our problem.  Help!

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com