axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject SOAPMonitor
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:20:17 GMT

In the latest version of IBM WSTK we've included a SOAPMonitor tool.  This
tool is very much like TCPMon but it runs as an applet.  What this means is
that, unlike TCPMon which works well for a single user looking at the
TCP/IP traffic on a port, SOAPMonitor allows multiple people (on remote
hosts) to watch just the SOAP traffic going through an Axis engine.  It
also does not require any changes to the client port #, or to the server
port #.  It does require some handler deployment on the server since
they're the ones that send out the messages, but its a one time setup.
SOAPMonitor also allows you to filter messages based on the service name.
Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning this is because we'd like to know if you
guys would be interested in us contributing it to Axis.  Its on alphaworks
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/webservicestoolkit) so just let us know
- we find it useful for remote debugging and demos.
-Dug