axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Vidyanand Murunikkara" <Vidyan...@infravio.com>
Subject Style=document over RPC ?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:17:18 GMT
Hi folks

There has been some heated discussions in axis-user over rpc style or
document style recently which basically started off with someone asking
if they could use a WSDL with document style and the Axis server would
use RPCProvider to do all the XML <-> Java Binding.

So for anyone outside it is a document based operation but at the server
side the RPC provider will be used to call the corresponding method
after doing all the required XML-> Java conversions. The user need not
worry about any of the marshalling/unmarshalling. Now comes the question
as to how we identify the operation from the incoming message. We could
use soapactionURI to indicate which operation needs to be called. We
have made a slight modification to the code to make this work... and it
seems to work in most "Normal" cases.

Do you think such a feature need to be added to Axis ?

Thanks
Vidyanand.