axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Schumann <j...@void.fm>
Subject Re: Bug 17347 - Provider Lookup Fails within EARs
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:10:44 GMT
On 3/3/03 04:08 AM Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> [...]

OK. How should we proceed?

> Agreed. We need to look at config persistence better.

Basically everything which is placed inside of an war archive during runtime
isn't doing anything good. Attachments for instance.

Honestly, I haven't deployed a single exploded war archive in production
quite a long time, usually we deploy everything as EAR. If you look at
typical admin server - cluster nodes deployments (as used in BEA clusters)
you will run into serious problems while updating something in your .war
archive on a single node.

> FYI my laptops' Axis source has a 'deploy on startup servlet' that
> auto-registers an array of .wsdd  files, so you dont need config persistence
> so much; it autoinits itself from the build time configuration every startup

Yes. The init servlet approach. In my opinion this should be part of
initializing the AxisServer instance. The current admin servlet is a really
nice tool for development, but nothing I would use nor allow in production.
Thus, persistence isn't required anyway (in production).

Jens