axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From muthu...@opensource.lk
Subject Doc/literal sample straight from Java
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:14:45 GMT
hi,

I am hoping to write a doc/literal sample that does not use wsdl so that new
users can use it to understand doc/literal services without going into wsdl.
But I get a very puzzling behavior.

My soap message looks like this ...( good old purchaseOrder example).

<soapenv:Body>
  <PurchaseOrder xmlns="urn:DoclitOrder">
   <description xmlns="">Wood carving of an Elephant</description>
   <item xmlns="">ER234</item>
   <quantity xmlns="">1</quantity>
  </PurchaseOrder>
 </soapenv:Body>

But I get a fault string

 faultString: No such operation &apos; PurchaseOrder &apos;&#xd;

but the operation name ( whis is "process") travels in the http header. My
HTTP header is;

POST /axis/services/ProcessOrder HTTP/1.0

I am using Axis/1.0 at server side and TomCat 4.1.24. Now if I manually
replace the word "PurchaseOrder" with "process" in the soap message using
tcpMonitor then everything works fine. What could be the problem? Any help is
greatly appriated. I have given the wsdd I wrote below.

<service name="ProcessOrder" provider="java:RPC" style="document">
  <parameter name="className" value="samples.doclit.SimpleProcessor"/>

<beanMapping
        xmlns:ns="urn:DoclitOrder"
        qname="ns:PurchaseOrder"
        type="java:samples.doclit.PurchaseOrder"
        encodingStyle=""
      />
</service>

Thank you,
Dimuthu.

--
Lanka Software Foundation (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka