axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: GUMP failure caused by ANT (Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Axis)
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:54:46 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Steve,
>
> one more data point (nagoya, jdk13, ant-nightly):
> "ant -f buildSamples.xml compile" (FAILS - compiles same build.xml many times)
> "ant -Dforeach.fork=true -f buildSamples.xml compile" (WORKS OK)

I am on the road and not going to look at this, though I have forwarded
it to ant-dev. I am trying to think of recent changes that may have
broken things (nb, Ant 1.6 beta is likely to start in a few weeks, so it
so good to catch these now).

Assuming that there is something awry with <java> that foreach is usng,
the recent changes are
-adding of privilege specifiers to <java> & the new rule that fork=false
  & failonerror=true => uses these specifiers to catch system.exit
calls. Privelige is only supported in fork=false.

-assertion specifiers (enable & disable them). But that only engages
when fork=true.

I wouldnt expect JDK diffs, only Ant version diffs. The trick will be to
work out when this first failed and compare that to the ant CVS log...

-steve