axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject modularity and supporting SAAJ/JAX-RPC [Re: REQ: modular, small footprint, client side only SOAP Java impl? [Re: Apache.WebServices.Next?]]
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:29:45 GMT
Ganga Sah wrote:

>Alek,
>
>It will be nice if your implementation can support
>SAAJ/JAX-RPC interface(eg. javax.xml.rpc.Service/Call)
>to write portable SOAP client code.

this /support/ dimension is greatly complicated by requirements that SUN
puts to get JSR TCK compliance. it seems that only big organizations
(and limited subset of Apache developers) can get hands on them and to
be able to fulfill requirements to claim SAAJ or JAX-RPC support - do i
miss something?

anyway i think that strong and simple to use XML message support
(including SOAP doc/literal support) is way more important regardless of
API as what matters is what goes on the wire ...

thanks,

alek