axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: modularity and supporting SAAJ/JAX-RPC [Re: REQ: modular, small footprint, client side only SOAP Java impl? [Re: Apache.WebServices.Next?]]
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:29:37 GMT
Aleksander Slominski wrote:
> Ganga Sah wrote:
>
>> Alek,
>>
>> It will be nice if your implementation can support
>> SAAJ/JAX-RPC interface(eg. javax.xml.rpc.Service/Call)
>> to write portable SOAP client code.
>>

> this /support/ dimension is greatly complicated by requirements that SUN
> puts to get JSR TCK compliance. it seems that only big organizations
> (and limited subset of Apache developers) can get hands on them and to
> be able to fulfill requirements to claim SAAJ or JAX-RPC support - do i
> miss something?

I think the current status (and I have the docs somewhere to find out
what it really is, but am writing this from memory are)

-Apache Axis has the rights to run the test kit for the SAAJ/JAX-RPC
(dont know about JAX-M)

-You have to be a member of the JCP to actually see the kits.

(a) If you are a full member of the Apache software foundation then you
get access to the TCK that way.

(b) If your employing organisation is a full member (IBM, Macromedia)
then you get it that way

(c) If you are an individual member then you can get it too

(d) Axis has to pass the tests before we release.

If you meet any of (a), (b) or (c) then you can get at the TCK tests. I
think I meet both (a) and (b), but have avoided getting hold of the
tests to date, though I should do it.