axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Stafford <jim.staff...@raba.com>
Subject Re: jms URL
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 04:00:24 GMT
Glen,

I have attached the requested patch for the changes I made against the
JMS packages. I have finished a full publish thread from client to
Server, but not much else. The changes are soley in the publish side
since the additional properties are mostly for the comms-routing of the
messages and not meant to be content to the receiving object. If we do
need additional access to the JMS properties on the receiving side, it
will more than likely involve an upgrade the the SimpleJMS classes provided.

The URL properties are passed as Strings. I also did not change Stub
generation to all the caller an overloaded method to pass the per-Call
properties through the static Stub.

The following is a summary of what changes exist:
* org.apache.axis.client.Stub.extractAttachements() - defended against
NullPointerException when no response message present

* org.apache.axis.components.JMSVendorAdapter - populate MessageContext
with application-specific properties from the jmsurl, the
MessageContext, and Call.

* org.apache.axis.transport.jms.JMSConstants - added a few properties to
identify application-specific property prefix in URL and Map of
properties within the MessageContext properties.

* org.apache.axis.transport.jms.JMSServer - expanded the role of
createSendProperties() such that it grabs the application-specific
properties as well as the JMS-defined.

* org.apache.axis.transport.jms.JMSURLHelper.java - added ability to
separately track/process application-specific properties as well as
re-generate itself into a String again.

Once general comment I found annoying was the use of classes versus
interfaces when it came to HasMap versus Map. Many times Map would have
been sufficient, but the code required a HashMap type. I was wondering
if there was any hidden intent in making it a class type versus an
interface type?

jim

Glen Daniels wrote:

>Since the JMS transport isn't used by all that many people yet, if you can get a version
of this ready to go in the next day or two, I think we can get it into 1.2 (we're gonna release
1.2 beta probably at the end of this week).  Jim, would you be willing to generate a patch
against the latest CVS version and send it to axis-dev so that Jaime and others can check
it out and then commit it?  This seems like good functionality to me.

"David A. Chappell" <chappell@sonicsoftware.com>, Keith Fisher <keith.fisher@raba.com>