axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ransel Lopez" <rlo...@timeindustrial.com>
Subject RE: Building custom faults...
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:00:06 GMT
Thank you for the answer... I am new in Axis, and I am not very sure how
to that. Can you, please, give me a point to start??

Thank you very much

Ransel Lopez wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I would like to know if there is any way to overwrite the handler
which
> create the SOAP fault when an exception is raised...
> When an exception is raised my client get a SOAP Fault with faultcode
> Server.userException and faultString "whatever"... Is there any way to

> overwrite the handler which create this SOAP Fault and create my own
> with my own faultcode, faultstring, details, and so on??? Is there any

> place where I can find the answer and some examples??

There isnt a formal way of doing so (yet), but you can always find the
code and change it. There is something in the handler that invokes Java
endpoints, some more in AxisServlet that turns internal exceptions into
faults, and the code in AxisFault itself. The latter's constructor that
takes an Exception is used by everything.