axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject Introducing Web Services Metadata (JSR-181) for Axis
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:51:23 GMT
Hi all,

Some of you might already know the new that J2SE 1.5.0, codenamed Tiger,
released its first beta distribution. I'm very happy to announce that now
we can take advantage of metadata from Tiger, in particular, those for web
services know as JSR-181. Although the JSR has not bring any public draft
of its spec into light yet, I made some (early) implementation based on its
basic idea.

Web Services Metadata for Axis is hosted at EWS
(http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ews/) and you can get it from EWS' CVS
by the module name "wsm". (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=93657 helps
you to access the CVS.)

I have to admit that I just took the first step toward wsm. Moreover, we
don't have any standardized APIs (probably consisting of a bunch of
annotation types). However, I believe that wsm will be one of the most
wanted and helpful technology for developers of Java Web Services. Needless
to say, your participations are very welcome and must lead wsm to a better
and better place for all of us.

Regards,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
JSR 201, 204, 222 and 224 EG member
Apache Axis (JAX-RPC and SAAJ) and JaxMe (JAXB) committer
R&D Center
Tmax Soft, Inc.