axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] build result with Tiger
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:42:08 GMT
Tom Jordahl wrote:
> Let's not put these kinds of changes in to 1.2, as Tiger isn't going to be a
> factor for a while...

True, but we may want to get any changes in to stop people writing code
that needs to be changed for Java1.5 in now. Making 'enum' reserved in
code generation would do some of that, moving axis.enum would too.

I am pleased to see that Sun have finally realised that endorsed
directories were a silly idea; they are retained but by renaming the
built in implementations of xerces and xalan, you can finally include
your own implementation without suffering:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/JAXP-Compatibility_150.html#packageNames

-steve