axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Molettiere <pie...@axonstudios.net>
Subject Re: AXIS-1423 : Peter's test case for performance
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:26:36 GMT

Hey guys,

We set the numbers high to make the problem manifest easily, however,
if you set the return message size smaller, you'll still see the server
side memory leak, it will just take much longer to notice, since you
have to leak much more memory before the serialization/deserialization
overhead (which is itself much smaller due to the smaller message size)
bumps into the max heap size limit.

We're mainly concerned with the server leaking memory, rather than the
large amount of memory used during serialization/deserialization, since
it eventually crashes our server, whereas we can just install more RAM
and increase our heap size to get around the gobs of memory used during
serialization.

--Peter