axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Samuel Meder" <me...@mcs.anl.gov>
Subject Re: Hot WS Deployment In Axis
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 07:36:43 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <stevel@apache.org>
To: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: Hot WS Deployment In Axis

[...]
> Some thoughts
>
> 1. what if a module is already loaded in a different classloader? Reload?

Do you mean reload as in set up a duplicate? I think there need to be separate operations
for update vs load a different version.

> 2. what if a module is already loaded in a parent classloader? What if
> we are hosted under JBoss with its own funny logic?

Fault.

> 3. what if  two services want to dynamically load in a jar file -and
> want to share a classloader , so that they can share instances of the
> classes.

Yea, this may be tricky. In our environment we end up doing this quite a bit between a factory
service and a service acting on the objects created by the factory. Granted we could potentially
work around this by pushing things into the parent loader, but that doesn't seem all that
clean.

/Sam