axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonny Rylands" <jo...@rylands.biz>
Subject (soap encoding <-> XSD) mapping
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:08:01 GMT
Hi

I'm having great difficulty trying to figure out from the SOAP encoding 1.1
section in the spec whether you're allowed to add constraining facets to
derived XML schema types in the types section in your WSDL.

e.g. are you allowed to derive the integer type (in the types section of
WSDL document) and use any of the following constraining facets:

totalDigits
fractionDigits
pattern
whiteSpace
enumeration
maxInclusive
maxExclusive
minInclusive
minExclusive

Does anyone know the answer to this?

I understand WSDL is generated for you in Axis, so I imagine if this were
possible it wouldn't presently be supported in Axis (as there is no
standardised way to specify the above in Java, without some form of
metadata/javadoc) -- is this right?

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,
Jonathan Rylands.