axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sauthier <Guillaume.Sauth...@objectweb.org>
Subject Using multiple AxisServlet in webapp share the same AxisEngine
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:59:34 GMT
Hi team

I'm using AxisServlet multiple time in my webapp with different
configuration for each servlet.

Here is my web.xml :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
  <display-name>WebApp Dispatching SOAP Requests to SSBs</display-name>
    <servlet-name>My Web Services</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>axis.serverConfigFile</param-name>
      <param-value>server-config-0.wsdd</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>My Web Services</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/My Web Services/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>OtherWebServices</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>axis.serverConfigFile</param-name>
      <param-value>server-config-1.wsdd</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>OtherWebServices</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/OtherWebServices/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I have developed my own EngineConfigurationFactory to load the specified
config file.
But when I try this, I discover that the AxisEngine was loaded only once
and was shared between my AxisServlet instances.
That happens because when we store the Engine, we store it inside the
ServletContext (that is shared between servlets) under a name that is
not unique among the servlets : ATTR_AXIS_ENGINE = "AxisEngine"

is this possible to prefix this name with the servlet name to uniquely
identify the Engine ?
I attached a Patch with my simple modification

Regards
Guillaume