axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Green <ste...@epok.net>
Subject Re: Primitive types for use="optional"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:39:07 GMT
On Jul 29, 2004, at 6:44 PM, Tom Jordahl wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I would certainly believe that the implementation of attributes does
> not
> take in to account optional ones.
>
> Having the attribute be a wrapper type in the Bean sounds like the
> right
> thing.
>
> I would add a getOptional() to ElementDecl and find the right place in
> SymbolTable to set it....

That works fine for elements, but not for attributes.  I think it would
be necessary to create class AttributeDecl and follow the same pattern
of ElementDecl.  It doesn't seem to difficult, but it's a farther
reaching patch and I won't feel comfortable undertaking it unless there
is a way to get it approved and checked back in to CVS.  I've got a
couple of patches sitting in JIRA now.  Is there a better way to
proceed?

~S