axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Arkady Kasianski" <Ari...@Amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Axis version
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:04:41 GMT

If Axis want to be comptetive product, it has to have clear roadmap and
release plan as well. It's really bad today to release NOT major version
1.2 (it's not 2.0 !) with more than one year interval.

You have to realize that it's unacceptable to use beta product in
production environment. 1.1 GA was very buggy and can't be used.
1.2 is not released yet. So, what's the solution ?...  We can use Axis
only as long as Axis 1.2 beta 2 will be GA !!!

If Axis 1.2 will not be released within one month (Sept), our big
company will consider to use another WSF.
Our customers like as Nextel, Bell Canada, Cingular, AT&T, Bell
Atalantic, Bell South etc. can't use beta product in production !

I agree with alek, that if no showstopers bugs there are, release 1.2
and to add additional performance improvemnts in subsequent SP releases
(1.2.X)

-AK

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 8:15 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis version

Guess what all the soap engine vendors are going to do if we do that?
Every single vendor already has voluminous whitepapers and ppt's
comparing their thingy to axis releases and use that to create FUD in
the market. users can still use the named releases...right?

-- dims

<arikka@amdocs.com> wrote:

> >>1.1 was released june 2003. When 1.2 will be released!
> >>
> >>Davanum, Could you answer please ?
> >>
> >>Lael Beta expels our customers....
> >>
> >>-AK

strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> >>If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
> >>immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.
> >>Thank you.
> >>

> --
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay

Thank you.